ARTISTS BRIDGE THE GAP IV (ABTG IV)
Official Merchandise Design Contest
What We’re Doing:
Artists Bridge the Gap is the fourth installment of Red Room’s live art and music auction and event. This year, Red Room is partnering with All’s Well Theatre. The majority of proceeds from the event will go to two wonderful NGOs in Germany, Rosalinde e.V. Leipzig and Queer Refugee Network Leipzig (QueeRNL).
To help raise funds for these great organizations, we will be hosting a daylong event. Throughout the day, artists will create art to be auctioned at the end of the day. There will be performances by All’s Well Theatre as well as live music bands.
Who It’s Helping:
We’re partnering with Queer Refugees Network Leipzig (QueeRNL) and RosaLinde Leipzig e.V . to support LGBT refugees in Germany.
*Scroll down to the end of the page to learn more about what they’re doing specifically!
Please read the instructions below and submit your application here by March 30th, 11:59 PM.
The Red Room invites anyone to submit their design for consideration.
The winner’s design will be used in the upcoming Artist Bridge the Gap event. The shirt will be
official merchandise for the fundraiser.
The Red Room will also represent you as an artist through including an artist bio at the
merchandise table and through including your art in a Visual Dialogues show.
1. Deadline to enter: March 30th 11:59 PM
2. Download the template at the Red Room website.
3. Submit your application and your design here.
4. Submit designs on the front and the back of the t‐shirt only. Do not place any design on the
5. Attach submissions as higher resolution JPEG or PNG files.
6. Please do not attach anything beyond the JPEG or PNG file and the submission form. No
additional materials will be accepted. If your design is selected for the final, you will be asked to
submit a vector file (Adobe Illustrator .ai file), with color references in Pantone or CMYK swatch
7. Carefully read the terms & qualifications
8. Questions? Contact Leah List > email@example.com
A panel of judges will be appointed from the Red Room and All’s Well Theatre to select the
These choices will be based on originality, creativity and adherence to the rules.
The winner will be announced via the Red Room (RR) E‐news and on the RR Facebook and RR
website on March 10th
Terms and Qualifications:
1. You may submit up to three designs.
2. Do not use any logos. The logos will be added to the winning shirts.
3. Submit only original designs. The designs must not contain copyrighted material and cannot
have previously won any awards
4. The winning design will become property of Red Room and All’s Well Theatre, along with the
Opportunity Creators Initiative
5. No inappropriate references (drugs, alcohol, violence, etc) allowed.
6. By submitting a design, you grant Red Room, All’s Well Theatre and the Opportunity Creators
Initiative world wide, non‐exclusive, royalty‐free, irrevocable license to use and publicly display
- (Basically you say we can use it and you won’t ask us for money.)
7. By participating, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Red room, All’s Well Theatre
and the Opportunity Creators Initiative from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting
from participation in this contest.
- (If you draw so much that you go crazy, it’s not our fault)
8. Please allocate space for “#opportunitycreators” written in English, German, Arabic and
Chinese on the back of the shirt
9. Please include the phrase Artist’s Bridge the Gap IV on the front of the shirt
10. You may include your signature in the design if you wish, as long as it is discreetly embedded in
the design and does not take up too much space.
*Here’s specifically what QueeRNL and RosaLinde Leipzig e.v. are doing:
1. Emergency Packages : As LGBT refugees arrive they will need money to cover basic needs until they are registered with the government. We want to make sure they have that!
2. Integration Materials: Many refugees are left in camps with few ways to interact with local people. This money will be used to facilitate language training and to fund cultural outings for the refugees. Everyone deserves to feel welcome, like they are part of a community and like they are capable of contributing to the new community they’re a part of.
3. The Three C’s (Counseling, Company and Congress): QueeRNL is also committed to provided the three C’s: Counseling, Congress and Company. The organization provides a safe space for refugees to begin healing and to find a home in Germany. Through counseling they provide refugees with methods to begin healing from trauma. Through congress they intend to help create a network for refugees which can be used to lobby for interests and create visibility on a national level. Through company, they help refugees operate in
society by going with them to doctors, lawyers or any other institution to provide language mediation and ensure the network member feels comfortable.