Our Home island and Beyond
a Red Room Eco art and awareness camp
- 8-10 years old: 7/12 – 7/16
- 11-14 years old: 7/19 – 7/23
- Time: 930am – 4pm
- NTD12,000 / person (includes lunches and insurance)
- Early bird price: NTD11,500 (Before July 1)
See below for COVID-19 notice
Alice, La Benida, and Vandana join Red Room this summer to bridge the gap between us and nature through art as a form of environmental education.
By providing artistic interpretations of scientific facts and action ideas, teachers will teach children the necessity of caring for our planet to become Eco Warriors.
Guided art instruction and different techniques will be implemented into this program, with an opportunity to play and explore new materials. Every Eco camper will be supported to grow their inner artist.
Each camper will receive a take-home sketch/activity book that will be used throughout the camp period and displayed at the art exhibit/tea party.
- 9:30-12:00 Environmental Pow Wow
- 12:00-13:00 Green Power Lunch
- 13:00-15:30 Eco Creative Session
- 15:30-16:00 Closing discussion
*Tuesday: Field trip to National Museum of Marine Science and Technology（海科館）
*Thursday afternoon: Field trip to a nearby park
* Friday: Tea Party and Participant Sharing, Parent(s) and/or friend is invited to listen and have tea with us.
- Alice Ho 侯采彤 (English/Chinese) – 0911491699
- La Benida Hui 許沁雯 (English) – 0968134702
About the Instructors
Vandana Mengane is an Indian artist based in Taipei, Taiwan. Her work specializes in unique creations which use clay, acrylic, oil and water colors on various bases like canvas, wood, fabric & necklace string.
Her innovative work using Natural element Clay gives multi dimensional effect to the paintings and expresses the emotions that appeal to the art lovers.
She has created a platform Anahata Artisan with the goal of reaching global art lovers and giving the opportunity to an artisan from a remote part of the world.
The focus of Anahata Artisan’s creation is on the characteristics of Anahata which are bliss, peace, harmony, love, empathy, purity and compassion of one towards self and towards others.
Vandana’s creations are available on www.anahataartisan.com
La Benida Hui is a graduate from Parsons School of Design in New York City, with a certification in art education. She established R.A.R.E. (Rare Animals Really Endangered) in 2010 a working art studio which is a means to combine her love of nature, enjoyment of teaching children, and her ambition to impact environmental restoration.
Alice Ho is the founder of BEducation and the director of the Experimental University (XU) Preparatory Committee of the non-profit organization, Crossroads. Drawing from her experiences in Taiwan and Germany, Alice utilizes a combination of interdisciplinary and non-traditional teaching methodologies to spark a love of learning in children, while clearly establishing the relevancy of knowledge to their daily lives. As a result, her courses often integrate games, hands-on experimentation, crafts, discussions, and other elements. By incorporating content from across various fields, she designs unique experiences in her courses. Currently, Alice is actively engaged in training interdisciplinary teachers.
For all Red Room Events:
Until further notice, Red Room will follow all government-recommended protocols for in-person events in order to maintain safe environments for interaction among participants. Furthermore, Red Room events are subject to cancellation based on either government stipulations or the discretion of Red Room or our facilitators.
For this Event:
- We discourage parents from sending sick children to camp. We will conduct temperature checks upon arrival and after lunch. We will also remind the participants to wash hands frequently throughout the day.
- If the situation of Covid-19 in Taiwan becomes unstable, Red Room reserves the right to postpone the camp. Parents who wish to withdraw can receive a 30 percent refund.